Ongoing Content Strategies
You Need Interesting Content About Your Company & Products
Your content's purpose to be consumed by your target audience. Past that, it's goal is to be discussed and to get shared.
What's more, you need to hit a bull's eye as far as your target audience. When you've got something they want and they've got something you want, well then, you're onto something.
Beyond the technical aspects of your website's search visibility, audience engagement is what it's all about.
Here's a recipe for the do it yourself-er:
- Decide upon one or two select business objectives,
- Create a couple of buyer personas,
- Create a plan for your first one thousand and ten thousand social media followers
- Know what content your audience needs.
- Coordinate social media outreach
- Mix parts thoroughly and apply on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, depending on your budget and goals.
Seriously, if your business has outgrown the in-house volunteer social media maven and aspiring writer/marketing director, call me. Researching and determining your audience/market(s), strategizing your content across multiple social platforms & profiles--that's all stuff I can take off of your plate.
You Need To Audit Current and Legacy Website and Social Media Content
- What content works
- What content doesn't
- What's hitting the target
- What isn't
- What you have to do to change.
These are the things an outside specialist is there to help with. You content strategy audit will be a stand-alone resource for you, your marketing team, your writers, and/or your PR folks. With it, they'll be able to focus their efforts on those tasks that will provide the biggest payoff for your organic search visibility.
Your audit will contain:
- Creation of one or more buyer personas: Composite identities of the targeted audience and provides a voice to use for communicating to that audience.
- An audit of your existing content An evaluation of what's working with your content, what's not, where the gaps are that are preventing your site/content from reaching its potential, and what needs to be done to fill them.
- An audience needs analysisIdentify topical information that your buyers find useful as they reach their buying decisions.
- Editorial calendarCustom list of blog post title/topics, article topics, press release ideas, and video ideas all crafted to address specific business objectives and promote sharing with and between your social audience.
- Lists of social media influencers A list of the most influential social profiles in your niche on twitter, facebook, and Google+ so that you can optimize your networking efforts.
- Actionable Recommendations A list of additional actions you can take to make your new content work harder at building your brand and your web traffic.